Volunteer Cashier / Till Operator
Cashier / Till Operator
Hours: Mon – Wed – Friday – Saturday
10am – 1pm and 1pm – 4pm
Dress code: Smart Casual – name badge to be worn at all times
Summary of role
To serve our customers and to operate the tills in the busy retail shop in St Ouen.
- To welcome all customers with a cheerful smile and deliver the best possible customer service
- To take the money for the goods and at the end of the shift to reconcile the till with a member of the staff.
- To operate the credit card machine
- Report any refunds or exchanges
- Be aware of any potential shop lifters and report immediate concerns to management.
- To reconcile the goods with the correct department on the till.
- To be compliant with Health and Safety Legislation at all times
- To attend relevant training and volunteer meetings as required.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Smartly dressed person who has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own.
- To strictly maintain Jersey Hospice Care Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Able to talk to people easily and comfortably.
- Previous customer service experience would be useful but not essential.
- Previous cash handling skills would be an advantage but not essential.
- Friendly and approachable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to work well as a team player