Meet & Greet Reception Volunteer
Reception Main Office
Hours: 9-12PM & 12-3pm & 3pm - 6pm rOTA BASIS
minimum COMMITMENT is ONE shift per month
Dress code: Smart Casual
Summary of role
Our Receptionists provide the initial warm welcome to each visitor. They will signpost or accompany people to the correct destination and manage the signing in and out process.
- The atmosphere in the Reception should be helpful, professional, welcoming and friendly.
- Provide clear directions or to accompany visitors to enable them to quickly find the person or area they have come to see.
- Assist to the receptionist team with enquiries as required
- Maintain a clean, tidy environment in the reception area; ensure leaflet racks, cards and merchandise are well stocked at all times.
- Take physical messages to the respective department or person ensuring safe delivery of such messages.
- Provide a short handover to the next volunteer taking over from them. Pass on information about outstanding issues as required.
- Take delivery of goods from suppliers.
- Sign all visitors into and out of the visitor book, issue and manage the control of the visitor passes.
- Take lunch orders from staff and volunteers.
- Assist with any basic administration tasks under the guidance of the receptionist.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Smartly dressed person who has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own.
- To strictly maintain Jersey Hospice Care Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Able to talk to people easily and perform simple written tasks as directed by the Volunteer Manager or Receptionist.
- Ability to empathise with people in distress, but at the same time avoiding becoming overly involved.
- Previous customer service experience would be useful but not essential.
- Be able to use the telephone for internal calls only.
- Friendly and approachable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Basic administration skills