Hours: Flexible to suit
Dress code: Smart Casual. Closed in Shoes MUST be worn at all times
Summary of role
To assist in the up keep and maintenance of the gardens at Clarkson House.
Under the direction of the facilities manager to keep the gardens well maintained; duties may include:
- Weeding, mowing, dead heading, pruning and cutting back the hedges.
- Keep the pond clean and tidy
- Put tools back into the shed, keeping it clean and tidy
- Dispose of garden waste in the correct manner using the skip or compost heap as appropriate
- Comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Smartly dressed person who has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own.
- Physically fit as work may involve some lifting. (adjustments can be assessed)
- MUST Have a Clear DBS Check as work will be in proximity of patient rooms. .
- To strictly maintain Jersey Hospice Care Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Friendly and approachable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to work well as a team player