Donations Sorting Area Volunteer
Donations Sorting Area Assistant
Back of House (Not customer Facing)
Hours: Monday – Saturday
10-1 or 1pm – 4pm (Hours can vary depending upon availability)
Dress code: Smart Casual. Closed in Shoes MUST be worn at all times
Summary of role
To sort through donations and price and size goods as required.
- To use the correct procedure when opening donation bags prior to sorting.
- Following the correct procedure, use pricing guns to attached price labels
- Ensure clothes have correct size indicators on the hangers.
- To prepare the good s ready for the shop merchandiser.
- Dispose of goods (in the correct container/skip etc.) which are soiled, damaged or not accepted by Jersey Hospice Care
- Keep the sorting area clean and tidy at all times
- Comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Smartly dressed person who has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own.
- To strictly maintain Jersey Hospice Care Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Friendly and approachable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Basic administration skills