Citizenship Preparation Instructor - Newcomer Connections
Location: Newcomer Connections
Type of Position: Temporary
Placement Date: Immediate
The Citizenship Preparation Instructor delivers training sessions based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s “Discover Canada” booklet. The training helps newcomers to prepare for the Citizenship Test, which they have to pass in order to apply for Canadian citizenship. Newcomer participants will have at least Level 3 English (low intermediate), measured against the Canadian Language Benchmarks, and will have read the “Discover Canada” booklet. The purpose of the training is to help participants to learn the content of the booklet by bringing it to life through imaginative materials and activities, and also to help participants to assess their own readiness to take the test. The “Discover Canada” booklet can be found here: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/discover.pdf. Each Citizenship Preparation Instructor will be provided with an outline of the whole Citizenship Preparation training program. This position is coordinated by Kendra Gautreau, Volunteer Liaison, K.Gautreau@saintjohny.com.
- Attend orientation and relevant training provided by Newcomer Connections
- Develop a lesson plan and teaching materials for each 2-hour training session(s) on an agreed topic that falls within the scope of the “Discover Canada” booklet
- Engage participants in interesting, stimulating, and interactive learning activities
- Provide means by which participants can assess their readiness to take the Citizenship Test
- Contribute copies of lesson plans and teaching materials to Newcomer Connections
- Record participants’ attendance and provide this record to the Volunteer Liaison
- Update the Community Volunteer Liaison on any issues in a timely manner
The Newcomer Connections Team would like to thank all volunteers for their time and effort.
Name of Contact or Department: Kendra Gautreau, Volunteer Liaison
Application Deadline: On-going, submit volunteer application to email@example.com
YMCA Volunteer Application:
For more information on other Volunteer Opportunities at the YMCA of Greater Saint John visit the website https://saintjohny.ymca.ca/Volunteer
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account