EVENT COMMITTEE MEMBER VOLUNTEER (NEW BRUNSWICK)
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as, the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking Event Committee Member Volunteers for the Philanthropy department. The Event Committee Member is responsible for ensuring the success of various event(s) by taking on a leadership role in the areas of communications, ticket and table sales, sponsorship and/or event experience.
- Work collaboratively with employees, Committee Chairs and other Committee Members to secure all budgeted ticket sales and sponsorships.
- Approach all assigned individuals/businesses for solicitation and ensure the appropriate Chairs are kept up to date on progress.
- Chair or join various sub committees such as Ticket Sales, Sponsorship and/or Decor.
- Attend planning committee meetings leading up to event(s).
- Attend event(s) and debrief after the event(s) have concluded.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive internal and external relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Leadership skills, and the ability to motivate others.
- Experience in event planning, securing sponsorship, and knowledge of fundraising would be considered a definite asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills of MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to problem solve as required.
- A satisfactory criminal record check is required.
- Valid driver’s license, and ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract.