Library Support Volunteer
Library Support Volunteers play an important, supportive role in the daily functions of their local library. Weekly or daily tasks may vary to meet the real time needs of the library during each volunteer shift. Library Support Volunteers are trained in various library tasks to provide support based on current Circulation staff needs. Library Support Volunteers perform a variety of basic library support tasks as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Duties may include:
- Locate and collect library materials requested by library customers in other library locations
- Search for missing items
- Shelve customer holds in the holds pick-up area
- Help staff maintain attractive collections by ensuring shelves are in proper order
- Collect items from the book drop and on book carts
- Assist as needed with program preparation
- Clean books
- Put book carts in order
- Provide operational support based on the needs of the assigned library
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account