General Library Intern
General Undergraduate/Graduate Library Intern (Un-paid)
Under administrative supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide customer service to patrons, maintain the library's materials and collection, and assist with children, teen or adult library programs. No previous training or special knowledge of library procedures is required.
This Intern position is working up to 10-19 hours per week evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Aids in the circulation of library materials including shelving and shelf maintenance.
- Provides backup assistance at service desks.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of all reference and circulation policies and procedures.
- Assists with library programs, including room setup, craft preparation, and crowd control.
- Promotes library services and programs through the development of displays and bulletin boards, flyers, bibliographies, and other types of publicity.
- Compiles statistical information on areas of service.
- Assists with reference questions, answering phones, and general public interaction
**If you would like to be considered for a Library Internship, please email resume and brief personal statement to email@example.com to begin the process.