Programming & Outreach Internship
Programming & Outreach Library Internship (un-paid)
Under administrative supervision, the purpose of this position is to assist with developing additional library programming for infants through adults. Intern will develop proposals for programming that will be implemented the following semester. Position also assists with library circulation and other duties as assigned. No previous training or special knowledge of library procedures is required.
This non-paid Intern position is working up to 12-15 hours per week, evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops program proposal(s) for implementation the following semester.
- Assists in developing age appropriate programs for specified population.
- Assists with library programs, including room setup, craft preparation, crowd control, and clean-up.
- Aids in the circulation of library materials including shelving and shelf maintenance.
- Provides backup assistance at service desks.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of all reference and circulation policies and procedures.
A minimum commitment of at least 3 months is required.
**If you would like to be considered for a Library Internship, please email resume and brief personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.