Book Buddies Reading Mentors (Main Library)
The Book Buddies Reading Mentor program was created with the aspiration of bringing our community together and providing our city's children with valuable literacy help and positive mentorship. Book Buddies meet with early readers from grades 1st – 3rd three times a month throughout the school year, September through May; to spend time reading and learning together.
Volunteers will guide children through stories and encourage them to become lifelong readers. Children will leave with greater confidence and hopefully a renewed love of reading and learning.
- Being present at the library on designated dates to meet with your buddy.
- Providing a safe, non-judgmental environment for your buddy’s growth.
- Distribute selected printed informational material as needed.
- A smile!
- Excellent communication skills.
- Friendly, welcoming demeanor & ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to make a minimum commitment of 2 hours per month for a period of at least 3 months.
This program is offered at the Main Library (901 Conover, Grand Prairie, TX 75051).