- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and communicate sensitively with parents/ carers and their children
- Have basic office skills, or a willingness to learn!
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required
- Ensuring visitors sign in and encouraging new families to register
- Helping families to find the group or session they are looking for
- Filing and photocopying
- Collecting and sorting post
- Word processing
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials)
- Taking room bookings
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Do something amazing with your spare time ... Change young lives for the better.
Solutions is a therapeutic service offering early intervention and prevention services to children, young people and their families where there are indications of behavioural and / or emotional difficulties that could lead to the development of mental health problems.
Therapy, following a primarily solutions focused model, is provided to children and their parents to promote emotional well-being, resilience and familial bonds to enable families to find alternative ways of coping with particular difficulties and / or predictable transitions in life.