Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Be non - judgemental and offer a supportive approach
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
What you can expect:
- Answering the telephone
- Collecting / sorting post
What we can offer:
- gaining experience of working in an office environment
- developing administration skills
- improving your confidence
- being part of our friendly team!
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Our Children's centres play an essential role in giving children and families the early support they need.
We are open to your whole community on a regular basis. We work in partnership with other agencies such as health visitors, midwives and local schools.
To help under-fives get ready for school our services include: child and family health services; parenting programmes and antenatal support; early year’s education services, such as ‘stay and play’ sessions; speech and language support and family learning.
In addition we offer support for parents with adult learning and employment support. This may include language, literacy and numeracy support, family learning, access to apprenticeships and volunteering opportunities as steps toward employment and links to Jobcentre Plus. This is supported by good quality, inclusive childcare.