Chat and Play Volunteer
Chat and Play Volunteer- Norfolk
Be rewarded and have new experiences, come volunteer with us!
- Be friendly and communicate with others?
- Understand the impact of Loneliness in the local community?
- Understand of the needs of local children and their families?
- Are you able to listen and have a non-judgemental attitude?
- Be honest and reliable?
- Hold a Full driving license?
- Able to help with setting up a group in a community building
What you can expect:
- Support new connections in the local community
- Listen and understand people’s experiences of loneliness
- Promote local groups and organisations to build better connections in the local community.
- Help with promoting the chat and play sessions
- Support play between the children and parents and other local people using the group
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
- Create a warm, welcoming and caring environment for children and their parents/ carers
- Provide an environment in which children can experience the benefits of play - supporting their social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development
- Support play between children and parents/ carers and other local people attending the group
- Help to keep the group fun and safe for everyone
What we can offer:
- Gain direct work experience with children and families
- Develop your communication skills
- Improve your confidence
- Help to address loneliness in your local community
- The opportunity to be part of a new and exciting project that will be rolled out across the Country.
- Access to online training opportunities, regular supervisions and networking opportunities
- 2 hour session over six weeks with opportunity to seek further AFC volunteering opportunities.
- Being part of our friendly Action for Children team!
Our mission is to work with communities to address loneliness together, we aim to do this by inviting families to our Chat & Play sessions over 6 consecutive weeks, where we can start the discussion about the impact of loneliness on their community and how we can tackle it together. The sessions will aid open conversations on difficult subjects while attendees take part in activities with their children.
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Our vision is of a world where all children and young people have a sense of belonging, and are loved and valued. A world where they can fulfil their potential, shape their destiny and experience the joy of life.