Ashington Children's Centre
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Prepare snacks for the children
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Location: Ashington, Northumberland
Central Children’s Centre’s are there to ensure all children get the best possible start in life. We are a focal point in our community where families with children from birth to 19 years old can access all the services and information they need.
- offer family's a friendly place to go and get information and support on health, parenting, work and childcare.
- give help and advice on child and family health, parenting, money, training and employment
- provide learning together through play sessions for children under 5 years with mums, dads, carers and their children, and there are lots of opportunities for families to develop new skills
- offer outreach and home visiting, and services for children and parents who need it through the 'early help' process for 0-19 years of age.
- provide early learning opportunities for pre-school children