Swimming Group Volunteer
Swimming Group Volunteer
Rugeley Leisure Centre
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as a Swimming Group Volunteer
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have a non - judgemental and supportive approach
- Work as part of a team
- Have an understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Have good physical health and don’t mind getting splashed!
What you can expect:
- Helping parents if necessary, to complete the registration details
- Helping young people follow group guidelines and encouraging their enjoyment of the session
- Assisting young people in the changing rooms
- Reporting any concerns or problems to staff members
- Contributing to the planning and evaluation to develop the group
- Getting involved in the swimming session if you choose to – it is up to you, you are more than welcome to join in!
- Assisting in the café, after the sessions, with beverages and snacks
What we can offer:
- Being part of a fun and friendly team
- Gaining new skills and experience of working with children and young people with additional needs
- A sense of fulfilment in helping children and young people enjoy the sessions
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Staffordshire Community Support has been providing short break services throughout Staffordshire for almost 20 years enabling over 1000 young people to enjoy positive experiences away from home. Through developing effective relationships we have developed a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the issues parents/carers face and our mission is to work collaboratively to support children and young people accessing our services.
We are commissioned by Staffordshire County Council through the Aiming High programme to support young people with SEND needs living in Staffordshire. We currently provide a 1:1 support service to work with a child or young person towards a specific target or outcome and a range of groups throughout the county.
Lifeskills and Independence is the provision of 1:1 support to children and young people with SEND, to enable them to attend existing groups and activities, independently of their parents and carers, to help them progress and achieve their potential in areas which we have agreed with young people and families.
The service is for children and young people aged 11-25 and they are eligible to access up to 56 hours support 14 x 4 hour sessions (8 hours per month) and we have been working towards some of the following outcomes with the young people:-
- Independent travel training
- getting out of the house to reduce isolation
- improve social skills and socialise with friends,
- explore volunteering opportunities
- learn how to budget and shop independently
gain confidence to access your local leisure centre
and start a new sport or learn a new skill.
Our groups are for children and young people aged 0-18 years and we run regular swimming groups, sensory groups, funday groups, school holiday activities and groups for teenagers.