Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Admin Assistant.
- Based at either Ulverston Children’s Centre (Lund Terrace, Ulverston, LA12 9BE), or Kendal West Children’s Centre, (Kendal Green, Kendal, LA9 5PP).
- Days may be a regular commitment of half a day per week, or ad hoc by arrangement.
- Be friendly and approachable?
- Work as part of a team?
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and communicate sensitively with parents/ carers and their children?
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable?
What you can expect:
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required (if you feel confident to do so)
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials, resources for children)
- Designing and updating display boards
- Packing healthy meal packs and recipes to share with families
- Organising toys, books and craft materials
- Caring for the outdoor spaces
- Putting up seasonal displays eg the Christmas tree
- Sharing any cleaning and tidying duties with staff and room users
What we can offer:
- Gain experience of working in an office environment
- Develop administration skills
- Improve your confidence
- Be part of our fun and friendly team
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Full induction, training and support package. Ongoing training will be available to expand on your skills and knowledge.
- Improve your confidence, CV, and employability. We can provide references to support your career development.
- Access to Action for Children's wellbeing resources.
- Feel recognised, supported and proud to donate your time and experience to help vulnerable children and young people.
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07855 161215
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
South Lakeland Children's Centres
We are commissioned by Cumbria County Council to deliver a 0-19 Child and Family Support Service across South Lakeland. We are based in 7 Children's Centres but also deliver work in schools, community venues and family homes. We work with children, young people and families and offer both universal and targeted support. This includes:
- Advice and Information drop in sessions on a range of topics e.g. healthy eating, supporting children with additional needs, staying safe online
- Play and learning sessions for pre-school children and their parents
- Targeted group sessions to develop resilience, support parenting or improve emotional wellbeing
- One to one support to meet the specific needs of children, young people and families
- Signposting to partner agencies or specialist support
Action for Children works across the UK. From before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children across the UK. We help them through fostering or adoption – and by intervening early to stop neglect and abuse. We make life better for disabled children. We influence policy and advocate for change. Our 7,000 staff and volunteers operate over 600 services, improving the lives of 370,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year. We succeed by doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children.