Family Support Volunteer
Family Support Volunteer
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as a Family Support Volunteer.
- Western Isles wide project.
- Flexible and variable days and hours throughout the year.
- Understand the needs of new mums and dads.
- Empathise with parents struggling to cope.
- Be respectful and non-judgemental.
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
What you can expect:
- You will provide practical and emotional support to parents.
- Visit families in their own home and sometimes accompanying them to groups or activities in the community.
- Play a key role in working with parents to friendships, confidence and skills which will enhance their lives and enable them to give their children the best start in life.
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience in working with children and families.
- Being involved in your local community.
- Be part of our friendly team.
- Meet new people.
- Gain a sense of pride and self-worth.
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01851 705080
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
Action For Children's Eilean Siar Perinatal and Infant service
Blueprints are a welcoming team of Action for Children staff and volunteers who work with expectant mums, dads, families and their babies up till the child 3 years old. We work alongside parents to build their confidence, helping parents through pregnancy, birth and into infant stages.
We support and empower parents and families by giving them emotional support, parental support and help to restore a positive mental and emotional wellbeing. We provide emotional and practical support, and we aim to leave families with tools to move forward and manage their own unique situation. These tools will bolster parents' confidence to effectively nurture and interact with their child giving both the best chance of an improved future. The tools give them positive behaviour strategies, guidance on sleep patterns and healthy sleep, build routines and develop their understanding of child development. These all strengthen parent and child relationships to improve baby development and baby and mother attachment.