Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator.
The Volunteer Role:
Volunteers are required to support our Business Support Team in children's centres across South Worcestershire. We are looking for people who would like to give their spare time to volunteer within an Office/Reception environment. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to gain experience within a child-focused setting or for anyone wishing improve their skills as an administrative assistant.
Activities will include:
- Staffing a children’s centre reception area
- Welcoming centre users on their arrival
- Assisting centre users during their visit
Undertaking administrative duties such as:
- Typing and data inputting
- Arranging wall displays
- Updating marking and literature
We are looking for people who:
- Have good communication skills
- Are friendly, polite and enthusiastic
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Promote equality, diversity and respect for all
- Appreciate the importance of confidentiality
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Action For Children Starting Well Partnership South Worcestershire
We place children, young people and families first, delivering safe high quality services that empower and enable children, young people and families to achieve their full potential.
We play an important role in supporting local families in South Worcestershire with children aged 0-19. By providing training, advice and guidance the local Action For Children Starting Well team empower families to 'nip things in the bud' early and this limits the risk of escalation. The service places an emphasis on a holistic ‘whole family’ approach that will result in long term, sustainable change.
Our work includes: Children Centre services, positive parenting courses, adult learning, support within schools and communities to engage young people with their education and work journey, and advice and guidance to young people who are not in education.
What Volunteers Say...
I was directed to Action for Children by a colleague on my course and after an initial meeting and attending the volunteer training session, with the Senior Volunteer Co-ordinator, I obtained a placement at the Buttercup Centre. The recruitment process was really simple and the support received from my supervisors and others at the centre is fantastic. If there is anything I am unsure of or the parents are looking for guidance, I know who to ask and where to signpost them.