Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Maintain relationships and communicate with colleagues, children and their families
- Promote equality and diversity
- Have a basic understanding of the needs of young children and their families
- Have an awareness of child protection and safeguarding issues and report to an appropriate manager
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and their parents and carers attending the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with the activities offered
- Signpost parents and carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working with children and families
- Developing communication skills
- Improving your confidence
- Training and induction to support you in your volunteering role
- Support and regular supervision from your supervisor
- The chance to meet lots of new people in your local area
- Being part of our friendly team!
Norfolk’s Early Childhood and Family Service is for all parents and carers with children aged 0-5 years. We offer support to families in their local area with drop-ins and groups. We also offer one to one support in the home. Our services include support families to get out and about and meet others, helping them to learn new things, enhancing the home learning environment, supporting the child’s development and keeping children safe. We work in partnership with lots of other services to make sure that families in Norfolk get the right support, at the right time, from the right service.