Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Prepare snacks for the children
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what’s works.
Our Children's centres play an essential role in giving children and families the early support they need.
We are open to your whole community on a regular basis. We work in partnership with other agencies such as health visitors, midwives and local schools.
To help under-fives get ready for school our services include: child and family health services; parenting programmes and antenatal support; early year’s education services, such as ‘stay and play’ sessions; speech and language support and family learning.
In addition we offer support for parents with adult learning and employment support. This may include language, literacy and numeracy support, family learning, access to apprenticeships and volunteering opportunities as steps toward employment and links to Jobcentre Plus. This is supported by good quality, inclusive childcare.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account