Community Group Volunteer
- Derby and Derbyshire
- Hours to suit as our group sessions are run Monday – Friday during working hours and evenings, possible occasional weekends
- Have full commitment to the group they are assigned to
- A desire to see children grow and thrive in a safe environment
- A welcoming, friendly and approachable manner
- A non-judgemental and supportive approach
- A dedication to inclusive practice
- An understanding of confidentiality
- An ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Understand the importance of the work we do.
What you can expect:
- Plan each session and deliver it with other volunteers and other staff
- Build strong professional relationships with service users and offer them individual support
- Set up and pack away the session
- Complete a register for group attendees
- Take responsibility for reporting back to the project
- Sign post service users to further support networks/services
- Deal with confidential information
- Inform our service users of any change to the group schedule
- Digital engagement via Microsoft Teams
What we can offer:
- Gaining an insight into voluntary sector and the family support arena
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Improving your CV and employability
- Making a real contribution to supporting families who use our services
- Being part of a great team!
- Full training and development to support you in your role
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact email@example.com or 07813 400244/ 07971 095868
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
Action for Children - Build Sound Minds Derby & Derbyshire
Location: Derby and Derbyshire
Action for Children works in partnership with Derbyshire Federation for Mental Health, to provide Build Sound Minds Derby and Derbyshire, a comprehensive early intervention offer to children and young people aged 0-17 who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
Build Sound Minds offers one-to-one support, group work, telephone support and a digital offer.
Space4U is a service that works across the county of Derbyshire, supporting children and young people aged 5-18 who have been impacted by someone else’s alcohol or substance use.