Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Prepare snacks for the children
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
The Weymouth & Portland Children's Centres offer support, fun activities and groups for everyone caring for a child 0-5 years and family support work in the home for 0-10 year olds.
Our groups include universal Stay & Play, Baby Massage, Breast Feeding Support, Young Parents Group, Dads group and parenting and development advice.