Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as Breastfeeding Support Volunteer.
- Have completed Breastfeeding Support training
- Have experience in Breastfeeding
- Have a willingness to keep up to date
- Work within a team
- Hold up to date DBS checks
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with parents/carers and their children
- Be non-judgemental, approachable and have a friendly manner
- Enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
- Maintain confidentiality
- Are willing to adhere to Action for Children’s policies and procedure
What you can expect:
- Supporting breastfeeding mums
- To give accurate breastfeeding support network information.
- Supporting other breastfeeding professionals in different settings
- Working within a team of breastfeeding supporters
What we can offer:
- Develop skills and experience in this area
- Gaining confidence in a professional environment
- Being welcomed as a part of the team
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Improving your CV and employability
- Making a real contribution to supporting children and families within the local community
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what’s works.
Our Children's centres play an essential role in giving children and families the early support they need.
We are open to your whole community on a regular basis. We work in partnership with other agencies such as health visitors, midwives and local schools.
To help under-fives get ready for school our services include: child and family health services; parenting programmes and antenatal support; early year’s education services, such as ‘stay and play’ sessions; speech and language support and family learning.
In addition we offer support for parents with adult learning and employment support. This may include language, literacy and numeracy support, family learning, access to apprenticeships and volunteering opportunities as steps toward employment and links to Jobcentre Plus. This is supported by good quality, inclusive childcare.