Parents First Co-Deliverer
Parents First Co-Deliverer
Be rewarded and have new experiences, by assisting at a Parenting Course
The Volunteer Role
We are looking to recruit a range of both men and women to become Parents 1stVolunteers and to ultimately co-deliver Parents 1st Parenting Courses. Following the successful completion of our 10 week training course, you will be invited to pair up with a practitioner and deliver a course in your local area. For more information about Parents 1st, please visit www.parents1st.org.uk
As a volunteer, you will be expected to:
- Successfully complete the Parents 1st 10 week training programme (1 session a week for 10 weeks)
- Demonstrate the skills required to co-deliver a Parents First group
- Promote your Parents 1st group and encourage new families to attend
- Help with the planning of each session and deliver it with your designated parenting Practitioner
- Build strong professional relationships with service users and sign post them to further support networks
- Set up and pack away the session
- Complete a register for group attendees
- Deal with confidential information
- Inform our service users of any change to the group schedule
- Plan and prepare for any external visitors/speakers to the group
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- Full commitment to the group they are assigned to
- A desire to see families grow and thrive
- A welcoming, friendly and approachable manner
- A non-judgemental and supportive approach
- A dedication to inclusive practice
- An understanding of confidentiality
- An ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Understand the importance of the work we do.
- The confidence to deliver in front of a small group
By volunteering in this role you could benefit from:
- Gaining an insight into voluntary sector and the Parenting Support arena
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Improving your CV and employability
- Making a real contribution to supporting families who use our services
- Being part of a great team!
Training and Development
Unlike most volunteer roles available, we are offering a unique experience for you to co-deliver your own Parenting 1st Group. To that end, it is essential that our full 10 week training package is completed by all delegates and signed off by our qualified trainers. Delegates must demonstrate the desired group delivery skills to be signed off. Trainers have the final say on persons suitability for the role.
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Action For Children Starting Well Partnership South Worcestershire
We place children, young people and families first, delivering safe high quality services that empower and enable children, young people and families to achieve their full potential.
We play an important role in supporting local families in South Worcestershire with children aged 0-19. By providing training, advice and guidance the local Action For Children Starting Well team empower families to 'nip things in the bud' early and this limits the risk of escalation. The service places an emphasis on a holistic ‘whole family’ approach that will result in long term, sustainable change.
Our work includes: Children Centre services, positive parenting courses, adult learning, support within schools and communities to engage young people with their education and work journey, and advice and guidance to young people who are not in education.
What Volunteers Say...
I was directed to Action for Children by a colleague on my course and after an initial meeting and attending the volunteer training session, with the Senior Volunteer Co-ordinator, I obtained a placement at the Buttercup Centre. The recruitment process was really simple and the support received from my supervisors and others at the centre is fantastic. If there is anything I am unsure of or the parents are looking for guidance, I know who to ask and where to signpost them.