Community Cafe Assistant
Community Cafe Assistant
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as a Community Cafe Assistant.
- Galafield Community Cafe, Newbiggin Hall, Newcastle
- Volunteers are needed for either morning or afternoon slots throughout the week. Mornings: 9.30am-1pm. Afternoons 1pm to 4.30pm, although we are grateful for whatever time you might be able to offer.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of children, young people and their families, also the wider community
- See the importance of a welcoming café to benefit the whole community
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- To assist in the day-to day running of the Community Café, e.g. preparing food and clearing up.
- To help special events e.g. children’s events, family cook sessions, pensioners lunches.
- To provide a warm welcome to everyone using the café
- To support each other as part of a team
- As part of Action for Children's safeguarding policy we will expect all volunteers to undergo a Disclosure Check. This will be organised by project staff.
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of community working with children, young people, their families and older people.
- High quality experience and training in café work.
- Developing communication skills
- Improving your confidence
- The chance to meet lots of new people in your local area
- Being part of our friendly team!
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact Clare.bowley@Actionforchildren.org.uk or 07971095951
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
Help end isolation by supporting the Community Cafe
Action for Children is a national charity that supports and speaks out on behalf of the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people in the heart of communities throughout the UK. In Newcastle we run the Galafield Community Hub and Cafe, In the Outer West of the City.
The Galafield Community Hub is a thriving centre serving the whole community. We have sports and leisure activities; support groups; dance; new babies sessions and adult learning. Alongside this we have specialist support when needed such as benefits advice, family support and a Foodbank. The Community Cafe is a new venture at the heart of the centre. This is a welcoming and friendly place for people to drop in and relax. We are providing the space for people to re-connect and end the isolation that COVID has imposed.
Passion - we are driven by our desire to help children and young people overcome injustice and disadvantage
Equality - we believe all children and young people have equal worth and equal rights
Hope - we believe in a child or young person's potential, no matter what they have experienced or what they have done