STAR - Wellbeing
Action for Children’s Wellbeing Star
We are all aware how important it is to talk about our mental health. we have seen a significant increase in the number of children needing support for their mental health. So, we are pleased to introduce to you Cosmo the Wellbeing Star.
Trained volunteers will use the animation of Cosmo to start conversations with young people around, what is a thought and what is a feeling, what is a mood, what makes our wellbeing star shine, how do we support others to feel well and getting moving to support our mental helath.
When we fall and hurt ourselves we reach for the first aid kit, but what do we do if we don’t feel emotionally well?
We will explore what makes a self care kit, how can you use it to support your emotional wellbeing?
- Derby and Derbyshire
- You will be required to attend pre-arranged appointments at schools to present our Wellbeing STAR presentation within schools
- Commit to pre-arranged appointments
- Be welcoming, friendly and have an approachable manner
- Be non-judgmental with a supportive approach
- A dedication to inclusive practice
- An understanding of confidentiality
- An ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Understand the importance of the work we do.
- Complete all of the required training modules online
What you can expect to do:
- Plan each session and deliver it with other volunteers and other staff
- Set up and pack away the session
- Take responsibility for reporting back to the project
- Deal with confidential information
- Inform our service users of any change to the schedule
- Digital engagement via Microsoft Teams
What we can offer:
- Gaining an insight into voluntary sector and the family support arena
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Improving your CV and employability
- Making a real contribution to supporting families who use our services
- Being part of a great team!
- Full training and development to support you in your role
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
To apply for this role please complete the application form
Action for Children - Build Sound Minds Derby & Derbyshire
Location: Derby and Derbyshire
Action for Children works in partnership with Derbyshire Federation for Mental Health, to provide Build Sound Minds Derby and Derbyshire, a comprehensive early intervention offer to children and young people aged 0-17 who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
Build Sound Minds offers one-to-one support, group work, telephone support and a digital offer.
Space4U is a service that works across the county of Derbyshire, supporting children and young people aged 5-18 who have been impacted by someone else’s alcohol or substance use.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account