Be rewarded and have new experiences.
Volunteer with us as an Administrator.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Understand the importance of confidentiality, being trustworthy and reliable
- Have the ability to communicate sensitively with families.
What you can expect:
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required
- Ensuring visitors sign in and encouraging new families to register
- Helping families to find the group or session they are looking for
- Filing and photocopying
- Collecting and sorting post
- Word processing
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials)
- Taking activity bookings
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
Ballymena & Little Steps Antrim SureStart provides a range of services to both children from pre-birth up to four years, and their families.
Services consist of both individual and group support and operate from two centres , covering eight identified electoral wards within Ballymena. The project comprises a multi-agency and multi-disciplinary team and works in close partnership with a range of statutory, voluntary and community groups, to provide a needs led approach to the delivery of services in the area.
Services cover three main themes which are:
- Family Support
- Play and Early Learning
- Specialised Health Support.
All our services are FREE! Our Projects play an essential role on giving children and families the early support they need.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account