Family Walks Leader
Family Walks Leader
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as a Walk Leader.
- Various locations around South Lakeland, Cumbria (eg Kendal, Ulverston, Grange)
- Varied days can be agreed to suit you and the needs of our service users. One day per fortnight in the summer, with a lower frequency through the rest of the year.
- Share your enjoyment of walking?
- Engage parents and children?
- Be fun?
- All you need is a passion for walking, be a ‘people’ person i.e. good communication skills, friendly and welcoming, and keen to lead and support others to discover the wonders of walking.
What you can expect:
- Lead a social, healthy and welcoming activity.
- Meet new people and develop new skills.
- Get to know your local area better and discover those hidden gems on your doorstep.
- Walks are short and can be accessible to all.
What we can offer:
- Be part of a fun and friendly team.
- Meet people and enjoy the outdoors, getting exercise with a sense of purpose.
- Gain practical skills.
- Accredited Walk Leader training delivered by Active Cumbria and Ramblers Wellbeing Walks.
- Full induction, training and support package.
- Access to Action for Children's discount portal and wellbeing resources.
- Feel recognised, supported and proud to donate your time and experience to help vulnerable children and young people.
- We can provide you with references.
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact Rachel.Miller@Actionforchildren.org.uk or 07855 161215
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
South Lakeland Children's Centres
We are commissioned by Cumbria County Council to deliver a 0-19 Child and Family Support Service across South Lakeland. We are based in 7 Children's Centres but also deliver work in schools, community venues and family homes. We work with children, young people and families and offer both universal and targeted support. This includes:
- Advice and Information drop in sessions on a range of topics e.g. healthy eating, supporting children with additional needs, staying safe online
- Play and learning sessions for pre-school children and their parents
- Targeted group sessions to develop resilience, support parenting or improve emotional wellbeing
- One to one support to meet the specific needs of children, young people and families
- Signposting to partner agencies or specialist support
Action for Children works across the UK. From before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children across the UK. We help them through fostering or adoption – and by intervening early to stop neglect and abuse. We make life better for disabled children. We influence policy and advocate for change. Our 7,000 staff and volunteers operate over 600 services, improving the lives of 370,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year. We succeed by doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children.