Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and communicate sensitively with parents/ carers and their children
- Have basic office skills, or a willingness to learn!
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
What you can expect:
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required
- Ensuring visitors sign in and encouraging new families to register
- Helping families to find the group or session they are looking for
- Filing and photocopying
- Collecting and sorting post
- Word processing
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials)
- Taking room bookings
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Activities Assistant Newbiggin children's Centre.
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us.
Action for children does what's right, does what's needed and it does work.