Ashington Children's Centre
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and communicate sensitively with parents/ carers and their children
- Have basic office skills, or a willingness to learn!
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
What you can expect:
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required
- Ensuring visitors sign in and encouraging new families to register
- Helping families to find the group or session they are looking for
- Filing and photocopying
- Collecting and sorting post
- Word processing
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials)
- Taking room bookings
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Location: Ashington, Northumberland
Central Children’s Centre’s are there to ensure all children get the best possible start in life. We are a focal point in our community where families with children from birth to 19 years old can access all the services and information they need.
- offer family's a friendly place to go and get information and support on health, parenting, work and childcare.
- give help and advice on child and family health, parenting, money, training and employment
- provide learning together through play sessions for children under 5 years with mums, dads, carers and their children, and there are lots of opportunities for families to develop new skills
- offer outreach and home visiting, and services for children and parents who need it through the 'early help' process for 0-19 years of age.
- provide early learning opportunities for pre-school children
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account