Independent Visitor V2
Can you make a difference to the lives of children who are in Care?
By giving your time and commitment, you will support a child aged between 5 and 21 years with their hobbies, interests and life skills development.
- Commit to a minimum of 2 years, which gives the young people consistency, ideally you can commit for longer
- Be able to visit the young person at least once a month, ideally at the weekend or in the evenings
Be willing to travel to visit your dedicated young person. We do pay mileage and travel expenses (as long as you keep your receipts).
What you can expect:
- Helping the young person to explore their interests, and supporting them in these activities and hobbies
- You will help the young person to make their own decisions about their future care and service needs. Providing them with guidance where needed and someone for them to talk to about these big changes
- Listening to the young person, and giving emotional and practical support as they need it
- Completing a brief log of the time you spend with the young person
To attend quarterly supervision meeting with your dedicated Volunteer Coordinator. Supervision is a supporting meeting where you discuss how things are going and we listen, offering you helpful advice and tips if needed
What we can offer:
- Lots of fun and the chance for you to try new experiences alongside the young people
- Full training and induction as well as specialist training on Child Protection, Safeguarding, Children’s Rights and Positive Behaviour Management
- Dedicated support from your Volunteer Coordinator
- Regular support sessions and events, with other Mentors
- Agreed expenses reimbursed quickly as long as you have receipts
We ask a lot, but that’s because the children we work with deserve a lot.
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Independent Visitor.
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Our volunteers aim to build relationships and help young people feel positive about their futures.
We do this by giving them stability, support and guidance through being carefully matched with a fully trained adult that is committed to spend time with them.