Participation and Engagement Volunteer
- Location – currently online
- Dates/ Time: 2 hours per week . Times are flexible however, once a month we will meet with the young people on a Friday at 4.30pm. Times are subject to change once lockdown restrictions are lifted.
- Be Friendly, honest and have a good sense of humour
- Be open to new ideas
- Understand the needs of young people and those with special needs and/or disabilities
- Be reliable
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Work within a team
What you can expect:
- Assist with planning and delivering the monthly Young Ambassador meetings
- Support Young people with activities and events they wish to take part in
- Support any learning opportunities relevant to the events being offered
- Promote the young ambassador network to AFC staff and Teams e.g. by writing blogs, sharing information on the Young Ambassadors and attending staff meetings for updates where possible
- Help with the recruitment and induction of young ambassadors
- Work with young people to encourage and support them to partake in upcoming activities and events that will promote their ideas and help structure the future of our services
- Support and Enable young people to form positive relationships with their peers in a fun and engaging way
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working with young people
- Developing communication skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team
- Access to our online learning lounge
- Access to staff benefits and discounts
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07843344619
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
The Aims of Youth Empowerment Scheme (YES)
With Young People, For Young People.
At Action for Children, we are committed to listening, empowering, valuing and involving young people in decision making throughout the organisation….this is what we call Participation.
Participation is important because it gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues and decisions that are relevant and affect you. Participation, gives you the chance to get involved, learn new skills and meet other young people from across the UK.
By involving and listening to young people directly, we believe that we will have a better insight into what young people need and want. If our resources, training, presentations and decisions are co-designed with young people, for young people then we believe that young people are more likely to support the outcome and be meaningfully involved within the organisation.
AIM of the Youth Empowerment Scheme (YES)
Provide young people with the opportunity to:
- Have their say in designing new resources for staff, help deliver training, be involved in campaigns and presentations
- Create a network of young people who are “Experts by Experience”
- Involve young people in decision making throughout the organisation
- Raise awareness of matters affecting young people
- Access training opportunities- online and face to face
- Develop young people’s confidence, communication skills and experience of working in a team.
- Personally, professionally and socially develop by offering work experience and staff shadowing opportunities
- Make a difference to Action for Children