Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Minibus Driver.
- Have continuous driving experience for a minimum of 12 months
- have a full car driving licence (cat B), test taken before 1st January 1997 or cat D1 licence
- Are aged 21 or over
- Have experience of children / young people.
What you can expect:
- Driving the minibus
- Carrying out appropriate checks prior to driving the minibus
- Keeping the minibus clean and tidy
- Assisting with boarding young people in wheelchairs
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
We aim to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment in which young people feel secure and can discover their value and worth as individuals and gain a sense of their own self. They are also encouraged to participate fully in the decision-making process in the home and are given opportunities to help and support one another. This is achieved by stressing the positive roles of care and focuses on the needs and rights of the young people.
We adopt a flexible approach to all aspects of care and aim to work closely and in partnership with parents and carers as appropriate.