Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Prepare snacks for the children
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Monksfield is based on the outskirts of Hexham within walking distance of local amenities and have easy access to the countryside, coast and nearby towns and cities. We provide residential care for disabled children needing a permanent home and short break residential care.
We work with families and professionals to meet the complex and varied needs of the children and young people that are in our care. Our tailored support packages enable all children and young people to benefit from their stay with us.
Whenever possible we consult with the children and young people about what activities they like and where they would like to go and the toys they would like to play with. We encourage children to develop as much independence as possible and get them involved in everyday tasks whilst supporting them to progress at their own pace.
By providing fun, inclusive and flexible support we help disabled children, young people and their families to live the lives they want. For every child or young person within our care our aim is to provide the most stimulating and inspiring environment to enable them to flourish.