Be rewarded and have new experiences, join us as an Activities Assistant.
- Locations throughout South Lakeland (Cumbria), including Kendal, Ulverston, and elsewhere.
- Activities may be weekly on set days, or ad hoc by arrangement.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour?
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families?
- Have a non-judgemental attitude?
- Be reliable?
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group.
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered.
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice.
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities and clean the room afterwards.
- Examples of activities you may get involved in, depending on your interests and availability:
- Rhymetime (sharing a love of stories and songs with preschool age children);
- Baby Beginnings (exploring the senses through play);
- Craft and Messy Play (child led play and development for preschool age children);
- Smile4Life (supporting learning about dental health with primary school age children);
- Active Play (fun family sessions incorporating physical movement);
- Family Walks (outdoors activities and adventures for all the family);
- Events (preparing, setting up, and running our stall);
- Pop Up Play sessions at playgroups across the district;
- Foodshares and cook-a-longs (preparing and sharing healthy meal recipe packs with families).
What we can offer:
- Feel the satisfaction of supporting parents / carers to enjoy time with their children.
- Experience of working with children and families.
- Be part of a fun and friendly team.
- Full induction, training and support package.
- Feel recognised, supported and proud to donate your time and experience to help vulnerable children and young people.
If you would like an informal chat, have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with the application form, then please contact kay.cheer@Actionforchildren.org.uk or 01539 734456
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
South Lakeland Children's Centres
We are commissioned by Westmorland and Furness Council to deliver a 0-19 Child and Family Support Service across South Lakeland. We are based in 7 Children's Centres but also deliver work in schools, community venues and family homes. We work with children, young people and families and offer both universal and targeted support. This includes:
- Advice and Information drop in sessions on a range of topics e.g. healthy eating, supporting children with additional needs, staying safe online
- Play and learning sessions for pre-school children and their parents
- Targeted group sessions to develop resilience, support parenting or improve emotional wellbeing
- One to one support to meet the specific needs of children, young people and families
- Signposting to partner agencies or specialist support
Action for Children works across the UK. From before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children across the UK. We help them through fostering or adoption – and by intervening early to stop neglect and abuse. We make life better for disabled children. We influence policy and advocate for change. Our 7,000 staff and volunteers operate over 600 services, improving the lives of 370,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year. We succeed by doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account