Fundraising Adminstration Assistant (York)
Fundraising Assistant Volunteer [York]
This is a brilliant opportunity to get involved in the day to day working of a community fundraising and events team for one of the UK’s leading children’s charity. Working in a busy fundraising team with our York based Fundraiser Catherine, you will be given the opportunity for real hands on experience. You will be involved in all stages of the planning, marketing and implementation of events and activities within our portfolio.
How Action for Children works:
From before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children across the UK. We help them through fostering or adoption – and by intervening early to stop neglect and abuse. We make life better for disabled children. We influence policy and advocate for change. Our 7,000 staff and volunteers operate 552 services, improving the lives of 301,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year. We succeed by doing what’s right, doing what’s needed and doing what works for children.
You will learn how to:
- Liaise with supporters and event participants
- Perform market research and investigating potential organisations to target
- Ensure data is kept securely and accurately
- Update and monitor social media
- Improve your problem-solving skills, developing solutions to issues and taking action
- Help with the communication, administration and marketing of activities
- Contribute towards running charity activities and events
- Meet and greet supporters if appropriate
Skills you need:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work well as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions, good attention to detail and ability to use your initiative
- Confident user of Microsoft Office programmes and the internet
- Any experience in a business environment, databases or customer service would be an advantage but is not essential
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude is a must!
Training and Support:
As an Action for Children volunteer, you will receive a full induction into the work of Action for Children and our values, training and on-going support to help you in your role. This placement is unpaid; however Action for Children will reimburse reasonable travel expenses / mileage (supported by receipts)
Action for Children is an equal opportunities employer
Flexible to suit volunteer within office hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm
To apply please complete the application form.
By being a fundraising volunteer for Action for Children in the North of England, you help us make a real difference to children and their families across the region.
By placing counter collection boxes or helping at an event collection you help us raise awareness and money.
By helping with administration or making Christmas or Action for Children Sunday Calls you help our team stay in touch with our local supporters and discover new ones.
By helping at events you cheer our supporters on to raise even more funds and make our events possible.
Thank You for helping us to do what's right, do what's needed & do what works for children.