Dorset Nightstop Host
Do you have a spare room? Could you be a Nightstop Host?
Do you want to be part of a successful scheme that has been established since 2009?
Nightstop hosts are needed to provide short term, temporary emergency accommodation for 16-25 year olds
Can you provide a vulnerable young person with:
- A safe and secure bed for the night
- An evening meal
- Washing facilities
- A listening ear if needed
- A temporary safe environment
- A ‘breathing space’ to allow them to get support and move towards finding more permanent accommodation
- A short-term solution when other options are not available
- A warm and friendly welcome to make young people feel relaxed
Can offer a commitment of at least 3 nights availability per month
What you can expect:
- Full training
- Ongoing support throughout each placement
- Regular supervision
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience working with young people
- Friendly and approachable staff
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
A sense of pride and feeling good about giving something back
Dorset Nightstop provides safe and secure accommodation to some of the most vulnerable young people in Dorset when they are at their lowest ebb. At its simplest, Nightstop is transformative, offering a life line of care and support when young people are at their greatest risk.
Dorset Nightstop provides safe, secure emergency accommodation for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Young people are welcomed into the home of a fully trained volunteer host. Placements are on a one night at a time basis, usually for a maximum of three nights.
As a young person accessing Nightstop you can expect:
- a safe and secure bed for the night in your own room
- an evening meal and breakfast
- washing facilities
- a listening ear, if you need one, or head space if you prefer
- a friendly and free service
- breathing space to allow you to get any support you need and move towards finding more permanent accommodation
Nightstop aims to keep young people in a safe and friendly home environment, while allowing agencies to look at long-term solutions to their homelessness.