Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and communicate sensitively with parents/ carers and their children
- Have basic office skills, or a willingness to learn!
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
What you can expect:
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required
- Ensuring visitors sign in and encouraging new families to register
- Helping families to find the group or session they are looking for
- Filing and photocopying
- Collecting and sorting post
- Word processing
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials)
- Taking room bookings
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Location: Sandwell, West Midlands
In Sandwell (Oldbury, Smethwick, Wednesbury and West Bromwich) we provide various activities and support to children and their families. We run one-to-one and group sessions and provide support with employment, parenting, debt support, school readiness and many health initiatives. Sessions are run in our centres and at community venues in the area. We support children and their families to explore learning opportunities and raise their aspirations through fun and exciting activities. We also run specific targeted groups such as our Fathers group in order to support the harder to reach members of our community. We also offer a family support service offering support, advice and guidance to families within their own homes or in our centres.