Education Support Tutor
- Grenfell United Centre – 17 Old Court Place, W8 4PL
- 1 hour per week in line with school term times (time slot is arranged in line with your availability)
- Be committed
- Be patient with your student (some need to take brain breaks and need support with their concentration)
- Be a good role model and celebrate successes – even the small ones!
What you can expect:
- To build a positive and impactful relationship with your young person, helping them to grow in confidence
- To witness first hand your student developing new skills and improving both in attainment and self-confidence
- To join part of an amazing team focused and committed to improving young people’s lives
What we can offer:
- You will have access to Action for Children’s benefits and discounts by becoming one of our volunteers
- There are tangible benefits around training and access to services
- The opportunity to make a real difference to a young person and their families’ lives.
If you have any further questions about the role, or need assistance with application form then please contact email@example.com or 07718114047
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly those who identify as Male, people with Disabilities, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
Action for Children is a national charity that supports and speaks out on behalf of the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people in the heart of communities throughout the UK. With more than 650 services we are where you live and work. We help transform the lives of thousands of children and young people each year and we’ve been doing so for over 140 years.
The children and young people we support face the most difficult problems in life. Some don’t have the basics, from the love and care of family to regular routines such as mealtimes or the guidance that all children need to grow to be healthy adults. Others have to overcome physical or emotional challenges that hold them back. We help these children to fulfill their potential by providing services to support their individual needs. We succeed in helping children and young people to overcome difficulties at an early stage to tackle problems before it’s too late.
By supporting Action for Children you inspire hope in the thousands of vulnerable children and young people we help.
Through our work and through speaking out, we seek to break the cycle of deprivation. We challenge injustice and empower children to overcome the obstacles in their lives that hold them back. We tailor our work to local circumstances, in partnership with children and young people, families, communities and local organisations.
We work with children and young people:
- whose families need support
- who cannot live with their birth families
- who are disabled
- who experience severe difficulties in their lives.
Passion - we are driven by our desire to help children and young people overcome injustice and disadvantage
Equality - we believe all children and young people have equal worth and equal rights
Hope - we believe in a child or young person's potential, no matter what they have experienced or what they have done