Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and communicate sensitively with parents/ carers and their children
- Have basic office skills, or a willingness to learn!
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
What you can expect:
- Welcoming children and families to the centre
- Answering the telephone and directing calls or taking messages as required
- Ensuring visitors sign in and encouraging new families to register
- Helping families to find the group or session they are looking for
- Filing and photocopying
- Collecting and sorting post
- Word processing
- Preparing materials (e.g. introductory packs for families, training materials)
- Taking room bookings
What we can offer:
- Gaining experience of working in an office environment
- Developing administration skills
- Improving your confidence
- Being part of our friendly team!
- A sense of fulfilment in helping vulnerable children and their families
- Attending Volunteer Meetings, which include training and group supervision
- Regular support and supervision from on-site supervisor
- Improving your CV and employability
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
We aim to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment in which young people feel secure and can discover their value and worth as individuals and gain a sense of their own self. They are also encouraged to participate fully in the decision-making process in the home and are given opportunities to help and support one another. This is achieved by stressing the positive roles of care and focuses on the needs and rights of the young people.
We adopt a flexible approach to all aspects of care and aim to work closely and in partnership with parents and carers as appropriate.