Become a voice for Young People in your community by becoming a Young Ambassador
If you are aged between 12-17 and are looking for an exciting and interesting way to make a difference to your community and the lives of young people in your spare time, then becoming a Young Ambassador could be for you.
We are looking to recruit young people who wish to support Action For Children by becoming Young Ambassadors. Through this volunteering role you could be gaining new skills, experiences, accreditation, recognition and awards for your achievements, and be the voice of young people
As a Young Ambassador Volunteer, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Become involved in fundraising activities from time to time
- Represent the charity at local and national events with support from AFC staff
- Raise awareness of issues facing children and young people
- Review and help design service materials to ensure that they are young person friendly
- Help with recruiting new volunteers and staff, and help deliver the service
We are looking for young volunteers who :
- Are passionate about Action For Children and the support that you have received.
- Would like to develop their skills in one or more of the following areas: marketing / promotion, presentation skills, teamwork, social media, health and social care, youthwork, IT ( although this isn’t essential ).
- Would like to meet new people, including other young volunteers and share ideas.
- Would like the opportunity to raise awareness of youth issues and to be involved with Action For Children service design
By volunteering in this role you can benefit from:
- Having fun
- The opportunity to develop your confidence through new experiences
- Learning new skills
- Adding to your CV
- Making a real contribution to your community
- Discovering your abilities and talents
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.