WOW North Devon Scrapstore Assistant
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Assist the Staff in the running of the scrap store.
- Assist with membership enquires.
- Cash-handling and use of the till.
- Assist in stocking up and preparing materials.
- Help with loading and unloading deliveries.
Assist with keeping the store tidy and well organized.
Scrap Pack Making & Workshops
- Assist in generating fun, creative and engaging scrap packs.
Assist the scrap store coordinator in delivering workshops (based around recycling, reusing and creative play).
Deliveries and Driving
- Drive to various locations across Northern Devon to regularly collect scrap materials, in either own vehicle or the WOW van.
- Load and unload the van observing good practice of Health and Safety regulations.
What we can offer:
- Being part of a motivated, fun and creative team of volunteers
- Full training for all tasks associated with the role
- Being proud in the knowledge that you are helping a local enterprise and the local community
- Opportunities to meet new people across Northern Devon
- Gain an opportunity for personal development and experience to enhance your CV.
- Reasonable expenses will be covered.
Our Children's Centres play an essential role in giving children and families the early support they need.
We are open to your whole community on a regular basis. We work in partnership with other agencies such as health visitors, midwives and local schools.
To help under-fives get ready for school our services include: child and family health services; parenting programmes and antenatal support; early year’s education services, such as ‘stay and play’ sessions; speech and language support and family learning.
In addition we offer support for parents with adult learning and employment support. This may include language, literacy and numeracy support, family learning and volunteering opportunities as steps toward employment and links to Jobcentre Plus.