Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Prepare snacks for the children
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what’s works.
We operate a social care model of disability, ensuring that our service users are seen as children first, and receive the necessary care and support to manage their disability so they can get the most out of life. Each young person is unique and we value their differences, recognising that what might be thought a great activity by one young person, could be thoroughly disliked by another. By ensuring children and young people have access to a wide range of opportunities, and noting their responses, we aim to enhance their life and enable them to fulfil their potential.
We operate evening youth clubs in term time as well as overnight short breaks at weekends and holidays which provide support to the individual young person and respite for the family. Firstly by providing young people with a range of experiences and opportunities which help them to achieve positive outcomes in life. Secondly, by giving support to parents in the form of a break to enable them to recharge as well as being a source of professional advice and assistance to families. Thirdly by giving parents the opportunity to spend time either together or more often with their other children doing the things that they find it impossible to do when the disabled child is at home, but most of all we want our young people to enjoy their time with us and most of all, have FUN.