Support Driver ~ Longfields, Wrexham
Be rewarded and have new experiences, come and join our friendly team and volunteer with us
We are looking for volunteers who want to make a difference to the lives of young people by providing them support for their appointments. This will involve mainly transporting children and young people to and from appointments from school or home. Occasionally this might also mean engaging in one to one activity with the young person as required.
- Experience working with children, young people and their families
- Being able to work bilingually is desirable
- Full clean driving license and use of a reliable transport, and appropriate insurance is essential as this role involves working across Wrexham and North Wales area
- The ability to use computers is desirable, with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, and to build relationships is essential
- Understanding of the issues faced by children, young people and vulnerable families
- The role may involve working during the day and evening, including weekends
- Excellent time keeping
- The safety of the children, young people and families is crucial and you will require a good knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
What you can expect:
- Transporting young people to and from home or school to their appointments
- Engaging in one to one activities with the young person as required
- Various days, times and shifts (to be discussed at interview)
What we can offer:
- Being part of our friendly team
- Enjoying sense of personal satisfaction
- Access to personal learning and development
- Gaining experience of working with children and families
- Developing communication skills
- Improving your confidence
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
Do something amazing with your spare time ... Change young lives for the better.
Solutions is a therapeutic service offering early intervention and prevention services to children, young people and their families where there are indications of behavioural and / or emotional difficulties that could lead to the development of mental health problems.
Therapy, following a primarily solutions focused model, is provided to children and their parents to promote emotional well-being, resilience and familial bonds to enable families to find alternative ways of coping with particular difficulties and / or predictable transitions in life.