Disability Support Assistant
Activities will include:
- interacting with service users, whilst listening to what they have to say, to make their voice heard
- supporting with reading and writing tasks when needed
- join in and helping with activities.
- contributing to children/young person’s social, emotional and educational development
- keeping records of activities including session and travelling times
We are looking for volunteers who:
- are patient and reliable
- have experience of or the desire to support children/young people with disabilities
- have good communication skills
- are able to work alongside a variety of different people
- have a positive attitude
- can use their initiative but also ask for help when needed
- are willing to challenge discrimination.
The benefits of volunteering in this role include gaining experience in supporting children and young people with disabilities, enjoying a sense of personal satisfaction, and getting to know some great people!
Our Vale of Glamorgan Short Breaks Project in Barry provides residential short breaks, community outreach services and Domiciliary Care for the most vulnerable disabled children and young people aged from 6 to 18 years in the Vale of Glamorgan.