Parent Champion's are parents themselves who understand the difficulties parents can have from finding childcare, social isolation, illness and many common day to day problems.
Parent champions will support emotional well-being by:
· Home visiting families to give relevant information to meet their needs.
· Encourage and support families to access services within Children’s centres and the community.
· Support given to access well-being appointments
· Help parents access childcare funding.
· Signposting to specialist services.
Torbay Children's Centres aims to help every child get the best start in life. We have centres in Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, and offer drop-ins, workshops, play sessions, antenatal support, and fun activities for families with children under 5. We also provide groups and resources for parents, carers, childminders and the local community - take a look at our website! https://services.actionforchildren.org.uk/torbay-childrens-centres/