Peer Champion- SEND support
Peer Champions are parents themselves who have lived experience and understand the difficulties parents can have.
Peer champions will support by:
- Sharing key messages in the community
- Encourage and support families to access services within Family Hubs and the community.
- Support other parents 1:1
- Help parents access funding/benefits.
- Signposting to specialist services.
- Support the development of parent led groups.
0 to 19 Torbay is now part of the Family Hubs and the Start for Life service.
Family Hubs are a new way of bringing together all the support a family may need and provides a welcoming space and a 'front door' for families from pregnancy through to young people turning 19 (or 25 if they experience SEND)
Please click here for information and advice for parents and carers, young people, volunteer opportunities, finding childcare and the SEND local offer.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust are working with Action for Children, The Children’s Society, Torbay Council and other partners as part of Torbay Family Hub
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account