Saturday Service Assistant
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Activities Assistant.
- Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
- Understand of the needs of young children and their families
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Be reliable
What you can expect:
- Support play between the children and carers using the group
- Promote the learning opportunities associated with activities offered
- Signpost carers to appropriate members of staff for support and advice
- Prepare snacks for the children
- Help staff to set up and clear away play activities
What we can offer:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
We have 3 services that run from Tafarn Newydd (The TOGS Centre)within Torfean and Monmouthshire.
Service 1: Tafarn Newydd Families Service provides a multi-agency family support service that promotes and enhances the development of disabled children aged between 0 and 19. We promote the child’s; linguistic, cultural, physical, social & life skills, emotional and cognitive development through assessment and individual one page profiles that address their specific and individual needs.
Our key objectives are:
- To provide local support for disabled children & their families
- Families are supported to develop necessary skills to care for their disabled children
- Parents and children are less isolated and support networks developed
- Children and young people attending Saturday club are able to socialise with their friends which enables parents to have a short break.
Service 2: This is a families first funded project which supports Children from 0-4 Years Old with a disability in an early years setting. Many of the children we support have substantial and highly complex needs. Our approach benefits their health, wellbeing and development. The recently developed sensory garden provides a safe space for children to engage with their environment. They develop social and language skills, and learn through play to explore the world around them in a more stimulating and interactive way. These skills will give children the opportunity to explore and gain independence, while providing them with a sense of control.
Our Key Objectives are:
- Children are supported and developed to reach their maximum potential
- Children are supported in their transition to school
- Parents have access to relevant information to support their role
Service 3: Monmouthshire- My Time Project
The project has 3 aspects of services these are playschemes, fun clubs and 1-1 tailored support called family aid which support to children, young people and their families to access and engage with a range of opportunities. Children and young people are offered activities and new experiences that enable them to reach their full potential, build their own resources and resilience and minimise the risk of long-term dependency.
The service also provides parents/carers with opportunities to ‘take time out’ from their caring role.
Recent articles in the news about our services.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account