Manchester Volunteer Retail 1869 Store Assistant
VOLUNTEER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
BECOME PART OF A FRIENDLY TEAM · SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY · HELP VULNERABLE CHILDREN
FIFTH LOCATION FOR 1869
Action for Children are coming to Manchester with their fifth pop-up store in their 1869 chain, & you could be a part of it!
We are now looking for volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds that can bring a variety of skills to our store. By volunteering you will be helping us generate vital funds to support the charitable work we carry out with children, young people and families.
Where – Intu Trafford Centre
When – Opening times:
Monday - Friday: 10am-10pm
Saturday: 10am 6pm
Opening April 2020
Want to volunteer, but have a busy schedule? Why not volunteer for just a few hours! If you cannot commit to full day you can come help out for a morning, afternoon or lunch cover!
We're looking for:
- Positive, motivated and friendly individuals to represent 1869 Action for Children
- Those who have an interest in fashion & working in retail
- Individuals looking for a beneficial way to spend their spare time
- Willing volunteers to help raise vital funds to support the services Action for Children provides
NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
What we expect from you:
- Positive engagement with customers
- The ability to discuss 1869, and the work Action for Children carries out
- Excellent customer service through sales aid and a pleasant check out experience
- Maintenance of store standards
- Administrative tasks such as pricing and stock-taking
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED ON ALL TASKS!
What we can offer:
- We will provide you with training/support to ensure you feel confident in your role
- A development in your retail and customer service skills
- A chance to get involved in your community & meet new friends
- Certificate of completion of volunteering hours
- Further opportunities to volunteer for Action for Children
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works
Action for Children is a national charity that supports and speaks out on behalf of the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people in the heart of communities throughout the UK. With more than 650 services we are where you live and work. We help transform the lives of thousands of children and young people each year and we’ve been doing so for over 140 years.
The children and young people we support face the most difficult problems in life. Some don’t have the basics, from the love and care of family to regular routines such as mealtimes or the guidance that all children need to grow to be healthy adults. Others have to overcome physical or emotional challenges that hold them back. We help these children to fulfill their potential by providing services to support their individual needs. We succeed in helping children and young people to overcome difficulties at an early stage to tackle problems before it’s too late.
By supporting Action for Children you inspire hope in the thousands of vulnerable children and young people we help.
Through our work and through speaking out, we seek to break the cycle of deprivation. We challenge injustice and empower children to overcome the obstacles in their lives that hold them back. We tailor our work to local circumstances, in partnership with children and young people, families, communities and local organisations.
We work with children and young people:
- whose families need support
- who cannot live with their birth families
- who are disabled
- who experience severe difficulties in their lives.