Blues Programme volunteer administrator opportunity Belfast or Downpatrick area
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Administrator
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Be non - judgemental and offer a supportive approach
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have basic office skills or a willingness to learn!
What you can expect:
- Building school packs
What we can offer:
- gaining experience of working in an office environment
- developing administration skills
- improving your confidence
- being part of our friendly team!
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
In Northern Ireland we have nearly 30 services working in communities across the region. We help thousands of children, young people and families to transform their lives and have been doing so since 2000. Our services include -
- Early Years and Family Support
- Mental health support
- Providing early help to families
- Coordinating local family support hubs
- Supporting young carers
- Preventing homelessness
- Intervening early and turning young lives around
We also work to improve the lives of children, young people and families through public policy work and campaigning, and through fundraising to support our services.
The Blues Programme is a six-week cognitive activity-based course, engaging students (13-19 years) to help tackle early signs of teenage anxiety and depression through implementing cognitive restructuring techniques and coping strategies which they can apply to daily life. 70% of pupils who have taken part so far have shown an improvement in their mental health and emotional wellbeing.